Israel Electric Corporation is the main supplier of electrical power in Israel. IEC builds, maintains and operates power generation stations, sub-stations, as well as the transmission and distribution networks.
The company is the sole integrated electric utility in the State of Israel and generates, transmits and distributes substantially all the electricity used in the State of Israel. The State of Israel owns approximately 99.85% of the Company.
Development complying with the development plans of the electricity sector, with emphasis on the emergency plan in transmission and emission-reducing projects (including units 1-4 at the Maor David Power Station, Orot Rabin site).
Cyber protecting critical infrastructure and creating income from Information security.
Human resources planning and development:
- Continuing to implement the long-term strategic human resources plan, Light to the Future.
- Cultivating managerial reserves, emphasis on promoting and empowering women.
- Diverse employment: promoting and employing minorities and persons with special needs.
- Regulation and Company image
- Improving the interface and cooperation with the Public Utility Authorities-Electricity and various government ministries
- Improving the Company image
Promoting innovative technological projects, such as:
- Advancing the smart-grid project.
- Cloud computerization creating a computerized work environment service independent of place or physical hardware.
- Significant improvement in availability.
- Decrease of load shedding.